We are currently offering counselling in many secondary schools in South and East Cambridgeshire and are expanding across the county.
What we offer
- Confidential one-to-one therapeutic counselling for young people based in the school and during school hours.
- Sessions with a trained counsellor for a series of 50 minute sessions.
- Support for up to 6 students, once a week for a period agreed by Centre 33 and the school.
Centre 33 counsellors deliver the service according to the ‘Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions’ of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
“It made it possible for me to talk to friends and stuff about feelings, it’s weird but suddenly it was ok”
How it works
We offer short-term counselling in many secondary schools in South Cambridgeshire and East Cambridgeshire. Unlike our drop-in counselling service, you cannot ask us to be seen in your school, instead you need to get in contact with somebody at school (for example, Student Support, Head of House, Head of Year) and they will discuss counselling with you and refer you to us.
If you are a school interested in offering counselling in conjunction with us then please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note this is a service that we charge schools for).
Who we can work with?
We are happy to assess any young person for our services, no matter what their issues. We will talk through available options if we feel referral to another agency is necessary.
Young people we work with may be affected by:
- Feeling sad or worried
- Not wanting to attend school
- Taking part in or being victim to bullying behaviour
- Difficulties due to family breakdown
- Peer group difficulties/relationships
- Low self esteem
- Self-harm e.g. cutting
- Bereavement or suffering loss or separation
We can also offer:
- Staff supervision and training
- Mental Health workshop and awareness raising for young people
- Parental advice and training
Find out more
Contact our schools counselling manager, Chris Baines on email@example.com or call us on 0333 4141809
more about “need someone to talk to”